- Online casino & sports betting is legal
- Sports betting is legal
- Considering legalizing online gambling
WHAT IS THE LEGAL AGE FOR GAMBLING IN OHIO?
IS ONLINE GAMBLING LEGAL IN OHIO?
The state of Ohio does not have existing rules on online gambling in the state. Therefore the people of Ohio are allowed to gamble in the online casinos, online poker, online betting etc. The online casinos are not yet legalized in the state. However, it is expected that the government might take some constructive step to make online gambling legal in Ohio.
WHAT KIND OF GAMBLING IS ACCEPTED BY OHIO?
Though not all the forms of gambling is legalized in Ohio, yet there are exception. The forms of gambling which are legalized in the state are as follows:
- Land-based gambling by tribal people – The tribal people are allowed to run the casinos in the state of Ohio. The residents are allowed to play different kinds of table games such as roulette, poker, blackjack, etc in these casinos. The casinos also have slot machines and video slots there.
- Charitable gambling – The amount of money earned in gambling from the charitable games must be utilized for charitable purposes. The money from the proceeds must be completely utilized for charity.
- State lottery – The state allows the people to gamble in the lotteries issued by the state. These help the people to win a lot of money.
- Pari-mutuel wagering – These includes betting in the different kinds of racing such as dog racing, greyhound racing, etc.
These kinds of gambling encourages the players to invest real money in the different kinds of quests. The government earns a lot of revenue from these types of gambling as taxes.
THE CURRENT STATE OF SPORTS BETTING IN OHIO
Sports betting is completely illegal in the state of Ohio. The people of Ohio are not allowed to spend money on sports betting in the boundaries of the state. However, the lawmakers of the state are trying hard to pass a bill that will make sports betting legal in the state of Ohio.
Ohio is one of the liberal states that permits the people to gamble in some of the variants. The residents are asked to obey the laws laid by the state and do not indulge themselves in illegal gambling. The people who are caught while participating in illegal gambling will be punished with a fine up to $1000. However, it is expected that Ohio will soon open for the different kinds of gambling as most of the states in the US are legalizing gambling including online casino in the recent times.
The legal gambling status of all US states
READ MORE ABOUT US ONLINE CASINO