Amex Casinos Online
American Express is one of the biggest card issuers in the world. In fact, it’s their trusted transfer method that makes it a popular payment method among gamblers on many online casinos worldwide. On top of that, they provide fast transactions with zero extra fees.
You’ll also be glad to know that Amex casinos offer lucrative bonuses and you can take advantage of them by making deposits using an Amex card. Often, these bonuses will start at 10% and go all way to 15% for depositors. Even so, you want to confirm whether you qualify.
Top 4 Best Casinos in the US and NJ
What is a Real Money Amex Casino?
American Express online casinos are one of the most trusted and reliable online casinos worldwide. These are online casinos that accept gamblers who wish to gamble with real money. For that, they include Amex cards as one of their payment methods. American Express corporation goes a long way, having broken into the market in 1850.
This multinational financial company hails from the United States and forms one of the 30 Dow Jones Industrial Average components. With such vast experience in the market, it’s no surprise that their cards account for an estimated 24% of the total dollar volume of all credit card transactions in the US.
What’s more, the company has been ranked number 22 in the most valuable brand list by both Interbrand and BusinessWeek. They estimate American Express to be worth at least $14.97 billion and it also made the cut in the 20 most admired companies worldwide.
Keep in mind, Amex offers a wide variety of cards to its customers. Nevertheless, you want to filter through all the available choices by looking at the associated privileges, membership points, and card benefits. Here are some of the most popular cards:
- Blue Sky Credit Card
- Simply Cash Card from American Express
- The Platinum Card
- American Express Gold
Note that you can fund your Amex card through other methods, for instance, linking it with e-wallets such as Skrill and PayPal.
Important tip: Not all online casinos accept Amex and also not all banks that issue Amex cards permit online gambling transactions. Therefore, to help you kickstart your gambling faster, our experts have compiled an extensive list of the top US online casinos that accept Amex.
Full List of Casinos in the US and NJ
- CASINO, SPORTSBOOK
- ONE OF THE MOST TRUSTED BRANDS
- 2x PROMO CODES INSIDE
- DAILY JACKPOTS TO WIN $ MILLIONS
- CASINO, POKER, TABLE GAMES
- AVAILABLE ON MOBILE
- GET $25 SIGNUS BONUS
- GREAT MOBILE APP
- $1,000,000 FREE DAILY SPIN
- 100% bonus up to $500
- Get $25 FREE
- 50 free spins
- Sport and Casino
- Mobile casino
- $20 free money
- BONUSES WITHOUT WAGER REQUIREMENT
- SPORTSBOOK & CASINO
- VIP & LOYALTY PROGRAM
- 3 welcome bonuses
- LIVE CASINO WITH LIVE DEALERS
- REWARD & VIP PROGRAM
- LOTS OF PROMOTIONS
- SPORTSBETTING & CASINO
- TRUSTABLE BRAND
- GET $25 FREE WITH NO DEPOSIT
- GET 100% BONUS UP TO $500
- LOTS OF DIFFERENT PROMOTIONS
- BONUS CODE: BONUSVILLAGE
- CASINO AND SPORTS BETTING
- 5 STAR CUSTOMER SUPPORT
- GET $20 FREE
- BONUS CODE: play20
- VIP PROGRAM
- 400+ SLOT TITLES
- LIVE CASINO WITH LIVE DEALERS
- GREAT MOBILE APPS TO DOWNLOAD
- 100% bonus up to $1000
- Daily freespins - Win up to $3,000,000
- Over 550 games
- EASY AND FAST WTIHDRAWLS
- GREAT WELCOME BONUS
- GREAT MOBILE APPS TO DOWNLOAD
- SPORT CODE: SPORT300
- CASINO CODE: CASINO300
- ONE STOP SHOP
- $20 Free + 100% up to $600
- CASINO, SPORTS BOOK, POKER
- APPS FOR MOBILES
- Bonuscode: kings10
- GET $10 FREE TO PLAY
- GREAT SELECTION OF GAMES
The Legal Situation Regarding Online Casinos that Accept Amex
Is it safe to use Amex at an online casino? Yes. Is it legal? Well, the answer to that will depend on which country you live in. An article in the Bloomberg News in 2013 quoted an American Express representative stating that American Express “… did not accept transactions for the purposes of online gambling.”
Now, this is a contradiction, especially with many online casinos stating that they accept Amex deposits. This brings up the question, “if Amex prohibits such transactions, why do some online casinos list this card as a deposit method?”
There are three answers, either:
- Amex deposits are accepted outside the US alone, or
- Amex payments are accepted to a certain limit, or
- Online casinos are using this as click-bait
The last option is rather outrageous considering a customer will be frustrated once they find out that their transaction cannot go through. This will only leave the establishment with negative ratings.
The only possible explanation and the one that makes sense is that American Express meant they don’t do business with US online casinos. Armed with this information, it’s in your best interest to find out whether the laws in your country permit this particular transaction.
How to Make a Real Money Amex Deposit to the Casino?
Sign Up at an Amex Online Casino
Before you can decide on the amount of money you wish to deposit at the online casino, you must create an account. First, choose from the trusted online casinos listed above. Click on the sign-up button and follow the instructions.
It shouldn’t take more than 5 minutes. If you already have an account with an Amex online casino, simply log in using your credentials.
Navigate to the Payment Page
Once you’re logged in, head over to the casino’s menu and from the dropdown find the cashier option. Several payment options will be available but, in this case, choose Amex.
Enter the Necessary Details
Next, you’ll be asked to provide certain details such as your CVV code (found at the rear of the card) and card number. Submit them and wait for confirmation. Once accepted, you should be able to choose the amount of money you wish to deposit into your online casino account. Also, don’t forget to include any bonus code you may have.
Authorize the Transaction
Confirm that the details provided are correct and then click on the submit button. The deposit amount will reflect in your account almost instantly. High rollers will love this payment option because it allows them to make a huge deposit in a single transaction, unlike other options where you have to break down the bankroll into sections. This is not only inconvenient but also expensive.
Important note: Before using your Amex card on any online casino, make sure your bank permits gambling transactions. Other than that, you can use your Amex card anywhere you come across the American Express logo.
How to Make a Real Money Amex Withdrawal from the Online Casino
You’ll want to withdraw your hard-earned winnings after several rounds of gambling at your preferred online casino. Take a look at these 3 simple steps you must follow:
Log into Your Online Casino Account
Use your credentials to log into your online casino account. Afterward, navigate to the payment page through the menu.
Choose Amex Withdrawal
From the multiple payment methods in the withdrawal section, choose Amex. From there, you’ll be asked to enter a few personal details including the card number and the CVV number. Once confirmed, you’ll be asked to enter the amount of money you want to withdraw.
Authorize the Transaction
The last step will be to authorize the transaction. Keep in mind, withdrawals take longer than deposits. Often, this will take three to five days for the funds to appear in your bank account.
Amex Deposits and Withdrawal Transfer Times at the Online Casinos
Similar to other credit cards in the market, making deposits using an Amex card is instant. With such fast transactions, gamblers can take advantage of the bonuses and promotions they’ve been eyeing. When it comes to withdrawals, the duration is quite prolonged compared to other banking methods such as e-wallets.
Typically, you should receive your funds after 3 to 5 business days. However, this will depend on the country you bank in. Also, the transfer times will depend on the casino you play at. If their internal systems are efficient, you should have your winnings within the shortest time possible. While this method may be slower than other cards, it’s faster than bank wire transfers.
How Does Amex Stand as a Real Money Casino Payment Method Compare to Others?
The main comparison here is in terms of deposit and withdrawal speeds, with Amex emerging the winner courtesy of its faster transactions than other known credit cards. Also, Amex comes with a rewards program for its users where they can accumulate points and redeem them at a later date. Customers can redeem these points for either travel or free shopping.
Advantages of using Amex at the Casino
– It doesn’t matter where you are in the world, chances are every store you come across, physical or online, will accept Amex. This applies to online casinos as well, which is one of the preferred payment methods for gamblers.
– Making deposits using Amex is instant, which is what many gamblers look for in a payment method. This is because Amex transactions don’t need a third party to fulfill any transaction, therefore, cutting down the time to complete a transaction. Typically, you can expect instant deposits while withdrawals take a maximum of 5 business days. In some instances, you can receive your funds in 24 hours.
Safe and secure transactions
– Security is a top concern for any gambler and Amex understands this all too well. To ensure top-of-the-line security, Amex requires you to provide your card details whenever you want to transact. The details are your CVV code (a 3-digit card) at the back of your card and your card number.
Excellent customer support
– Even the most experienced gamblers come across challenges when gambling online. Money is the most common issue affecting many gamblers and when you encounter such a problem, you want it solved fast. Amex has one of the best customer care support teams and you can reach them via their hotlines, email, or you can dig through their informative FAQ page.
– Amex users have the unique chance of accruing points every time they make a purchase through the card including making deposits at online casinos. You can accumulate these points and afterward redeem them for almost anything including free travel. Cool, huh?
Disadvantages Using Amex at the Casino
American Express may have multiple benefits but it’s also dotted with certain disadvantages.
Few online casinos accept Amex
– Despite its wide footprint across the world, many online casinos don’t list Amex as one of the available payment methods. The main reason behind this is the stringent banking regulations regarding gambling in general in the USA.
– American Express cards come with higher fees than other cards, which is a turn off for many gamblers.
Yes, it’s safe and secure because both the bank and the online casino use top-notch encryption systems to prevent data breaches. Other than that, you can trust the advanced fraud detection systems implemented by Amex.
It’s possible to withdraw funds from an Amex online casino. Having said that, you must confirm with your bank and online casino whether they allow withdrawals.
The maximum amount is unspecified because it varies from one casino to another. Therefore, it’s in your best interest to look up the deposit info before making a huge deposit.
Since Amex cards operate like other credit cards, you can expect the minimum deposit amount to be $5. However, be sure to check with your online casino to confirm this before making a deposit.
Again, similar to other credit cards, the withdrawal limit is unlimited. This means you have the freedom to withdraw as much as you can without any worries, but as a precaution, confirm with both your bank and online casino.
Often, the minimum withdrawal limit is set at $5 but again, make sure you go through the online casino’s terms and conditions for accurate figures.
Yes, you can be guaranteed that you’ll be able to play your favorite slot games by paying using this method. Expect, progressive slots, multiline slots, etc.
Blackjack is available at almost all online casinos that accept Amex, which means you’ll be able to enjoy the multiple varieties available such as
Even better. You can enjoy both variations of the game, American and European roulette. You shouldn’t have any trouble finding an Amex online casino that offers roulette.
Jacks or Better, Deuces Wild, and Joker Poker are some of the variants of video poker you can expect to find at almost all Amex online casinos.